Thursday, January 7, 2021 @ 6:00 PM PST
Monarch Tractor, a spin-off of Gardena-based Motivo recently introduced the world’s first fully electric, driver optional, smart tractor integrated on a single platform. Farmers today face numerous challenges including labor shortages, effects of climate change, safety concerns, increased customer scrutiny for sustainability demands, government regulations, and more. Monarch Tractor addresses these issues by combining electrification, automation, machine learning, and data analysis to enhance farmer’s existing operations, increase labor productivity and safety, and maximize yields to cut overhead costs and emissions.
Key Features of the Monarch Tractor
- Renewable Technology: Traditional diesel tractors produce roughly 14 times the emissions as the average car. The Monarch Tractor is 100 percent electric and has zero tailpipe emissions. It also serves as a 3-in-1 electrification tool operating not only as a tractor, but with extra storage acts as an ATV, and has the capabilities to perform as a powerful generator in the field.
- Driver Optional: The Monarch Tractor can operate with or without a driver. Monarch utilizes the latest autonomous hardware and software technology to provide driver-assist and driver-optional operations. The tractor can perform pre-programmed tasks without a driver or an operator can use Monarch’s interactive automation features including Gesture and Shadow modes to have the tractor follow a worker on the job.
- Unprecedented Safety: The Monarch Tractor is packed with safety features including roll and collision prevention, vision-based Power Take Off (PTO) safety and 360° cameras to keep operations running smoothly and employees safe, day or night.
- Deep Learning & Sensing Suite: The Monarch Tractor collects and analyzes over 240GB of crop data every day it operates in the field. It can work with farmers’ current implements as well as the next generation of smart implements.
- Smart Device Operation: Via a smartphone or personal device, users receive tractor alerts, updates on current micro-weather conditions, detailed operations reports, data collection, analysis, and storage for more efficient farm planning.
- Powerful: Monarch Tractor’s electric drivetrain is capable of providing 40HP (30KW) of continuous power and short duration peak power up to 70HP (55KW) in a small footprint for multi-purpose usage.
Co-Founder & Chief Technical Officer
Over the past two decades, Zachary has developed hundreds of tightly integrated intelligent electro-mechanical systems, bringing a full system design perspective to the development of never-before-seen products. Prior focus areas include mining robotics, energy storage systems, electric vehicles, by-wire autonomous cars, and automated agricultural equipment. He holds a double degree in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering and a PhD in Robotics from The Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon.
Head of Automation
Chris Whitney has been on the cutting edge of automation in Silicon Valley, Singapore and his native England for over 30 years. He has played key technical roles leading innovation at British Telecom, Hewlett Packard, and other leading companies. He earned his Bachelors degree in Computer Science from Teesside University and a Masters in Information Systems Engineering from the London South Bank University.
About the Company
Monarch Tractor is working to utilize 21st-century technology to empower farmers by enabling profitable implementation of sustainable and organic practices. The Monarch tractor platform combines mechanization, automation, and data analysis to enhance farmer’s existing operations, alleviate labor shortages, and maximize yields. For more information, visit www.monarchtractor.com